Sunday, January 18, 2009

Off to the Concert

In a little while I'm going to head off to the concert. I don't really expect to get all that close. If I wanted to do that, I should have left hours ago but it was just a little too cold out for me.

I do think it is interesting the estimates of the number of people that are going to be there. The first I heard was around 300,000. Then it was pretty well settled that 500,000 people will be there. This morning I heard 750,000. How do they come up with these numbers? They seem to me to be pulled out of thin air.

I'm looking forward to going down and seeing all the people. This is a dry run for the inaugural. I figure I'm going to see where all the jumbotrons are on the Mall and pick out one I like and go to that one on Tuesday. It will let me test out how all the pockets on my coat will work. You see you can't bring a back pack down to the Mall for the inaugural so I have to see what fits into my coat pockets. I have four in total. One on the outside of the coat will have the digital camera and the other on the outside will have the video camera. Inside I have two as well. One will be for extra batteries and the other will be for Pop Tarts (after all you have to eat).

So that's my plan. Hopefully I will have pictures and video later today.

No comments: